20 Dec 2022
Updated version with flush bottom font.
- Cropped as tightly as shown here = about 5.5" x 23"
- approx 4,950 links
- $1120 - price difference from below is due to closer cropping (so depending on how much black border you want, the price will be adjusted)
9 Dec 2022
Here's a partial mockup. I used Metal Lord font but later noticed it doesn't 100% match your font (baseline is flush on yours) - just ignore that for now. Basically the point was just for me to get a sense of scale and give us a starting point.
- total dimensions are about 6.5"x 23"
- approx 6,500 rings
- ring size is 18 SWG (1.2mm thick) 5/32" inner diameter
- colors: hot pink, shiny silver (or matte white), black - we can talk more about colors if you decide to move forward with project; colors are the easy part to change
- turnaround time 5-8 wks (I would need to confirm supplies availability first. The supply chain has been really F-ed these past couple years)
Something this size would be $1450
To get a better sense of what the sizing is, here is a logo I did for Constant Contact using the same link size. This is about 5.5" x 5.5" - the mockup above is about 1" taller and much longer
For display purposes, I can put a line of larger rings at the top, which allows you to thread a metal rod through them, and can then hang it from hooks - that's what I did with the rose piece:
But if you have other ideas about displaying, let me know.
OK, so that's a starting point. A couple things to keep in mind for ring size/pricing:
- The piece could be made a little smaller without losing detail; I wouldn't recommend going smaller than about 5"x 18" though. Price would go down depending on how much we shrink
- I could also use a larger link size in order to make the entire piece bigger, pricing would go up slightly - I'd have to do a little research to make sure there's a link size in 16 SWG (1.6 mm) that is the same aspect ratio as this, and comes in color
- And of course, the entire piece could be made bigger using the same link size; pricing would scale up depending on how much bigger (basically it winds up being about 22 cents per ring)
Chew on it and lemmie know what ya think!